Sunday, December 4, 2011

I Love my Ergo Baby Carrier!

Sarah & Isabelle!
Wow when Isabelle was born I did heaps of research on which Baby Carrier to buy! I am so happy I purchased the ERGObaby Carrier. It offers hands-free closeness like no other and is perfect from birth, we used the insert! Takes a bit to get it right with the heart insert but once Issy was snuggly fitted she was snoring like a tropper. ERGObaby supports your child in three easy-to-use positions - front, hip and back – promoting healthy spinal development and adapting to your child's growing needs.
Image from the International Hip Dysplasia Institute showing the importance of using a carrier that places a baby in a seated position, not hanging by their crotch. There are plenty of carriers that place baby in the correct position, including but not limited to Ergo, Boba, Beco, Olives & Applesauce and Babyhawk, as well as wraps and ring slings when used correctly.


It disperses most of the baby's weight between the hips and thighs, which helps to eliminate compression of the spine when hanging by the crotch which most other designs require.   Issy is now 7kgs so we no longer use the insert! The best bit about it is the cover as you can see in the above picture I put this over Isabelles head in many situation especially when we go into town, there is way too much stimulation for a little baby so often i use this to cut out the crazy energy of a big city! I love that Isabelle is close to my chest as well!  Definatley recommend one!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment